Conflicts of interest and how we manage them

Number of good points here. Your insight would also add value to the current conversation around conflict of interest disclosure

As a contributor to several DAO imo this is where intellectual honesty comes into play. I’ve shared my IRL consultancy level work in the Notion here. Sans a contract to say otherwise, I can legally claim intellectual property in the collection, organising and strategic application of a decade of work because I have the pre-existing documentation and experience to evidence this. Now, someone else could copy that, tailor and be paid for the time to implement elsewhere and tbh it doesn’t bother me because I learned it all from working with others.

As for being paid, it’s not actually any different than an IRL agency or consultancy - where it is best practice to work from frameworks and methodology that can be applied to different scenario. The time and experience paid for is the strategic application of work, rather than the creation of documents. Imo what you flag here as a conflict of interest I see as the workings of open-source knowledge economy vs corporate protectionism. I’d welcome feedback if others object to the fact that I maintain the right to apply my own transferrable knowledge, skills and experience (here & elsewhere) as I choose.