[ELECTION CLOSED] Index Council V2: Nomination Thread and Process

While I won’t speak to the right size for a council in my capacity as GovNest Lead I can speak to precedent in establishing the processes that GovNest facilitates. Given that this is a nomination process that is underway and mostly informed by the v1 iteration and polling that was done by the outgoing v1 council I believe there was ample opportunity to have surfaced this concern ahead of this time.

As an INDEX holder and contributor, given you’re expressing an opinion here, I will as well. On a personal note I find further centralization in the form a of a smaller council to be unappealing and would vote AGAINST a smaller council were it to be polled. That said - any contributor can create a poll in a comment to this post if they wish. I’d urge care in framing any question you pose to this DAO (please remember that this is a DAO election and not an INDEX holder vote; target audience is not the usual), and believe that an ex-council-member such as yourself (high context, heavily involved in the v2 scoping process) calling into the question basic council composition at this stage would be disruptive. Having previously experienced you pivoting on a proposal that you helped craft to disruptive effect; and given the council composition that you yourself put forth less than three weeks ago is 7-members, I urge prudence in this regard and would prefer to see this be a consideration for v3 as opposed to a poll within this post.

5 Likes