[ELECTION CLOSED] Index Council V2: Nomination Thread and Process

Throwing my hat in the ring as well… here are my thoughts below:

Centralization vs. Decentralization

Tokenholders, contributors, and community members deserve a voice in Index Coop. I’m an efficiency maximalist, with a strong preference for anti-fragility via decentralization. Right now, we are disorganized and chaotic. We need strategic thinking to set the agenda. My preference is for progressive decentralization and progressive governance minimization. I would like to move towards a system which allows for permissionless innovation and fosters emergent order. I like meritocratic decision-making, particularly reputation tokens, and have already begun spear-heading this effort through the Alternative Governance workshops.

Transparency

Open Source (Almost) Everything, sums up my position. Be transparent as a default, with exceptions for things that “represents core business value.” Transparency breeds innovation.

Conflict of Interest

No conflicts of interest.

Resource Allocation

I would like to be cash flow neutral by the end of S2. I think flexible budgets will help us get there. We currently haven’t found product-market fit, and we’re spending too much money trying to fuel growth for products the market is demanding yet. This could change at any time, possibly with products like icETH, FIXED, and BASIS, and we need dry powder when it does. I favor investing more into strategy and technology. We need to be innovators first, find product-market fit, then fuel growth - in that order.

Delegation of Decision Making

The promise of DAOs is automated management, not delegated management. Pushing decisions down to middle management from upper management is less efficient and doesn’t accomplish any decentralization goals. I will promote bottom-up solutions for operations, top-down for setting strategic objectives, and delegation to individuals when there are important tasks without a clear owner.

Why I think I would be a good council member?

I’ve worked quite a bit in every Nest and have a broad understanding of value created across Index. I have an acute understanding of what drives revenue and growth. The talent across this DAO is incredible and we can make Index Coop a fast-growing, yet sustainable organization that paves the way for the future of web3 as long as we are all focused on the same objectives.

14 Likes