Governance House

Matthew,
As I said before, you are focusing on the power of Metagovernance like no one has to date. I applaud your initiative, it’s apparent you have dedicated a lot of time and thinking to this effort going above and beyond the scope of IC Finance.

But the approach is starting to worry me. I understand Web3 is a culture of asking for forgiveness vs permission, but I am not sure this is ok.

First, In this FEI proposal, in the name of Index Coop, you are asking FEI to delegate their 100K INDEX tokens to the Governance House. This would make GH one of the top Index Coop voters. [1]

For the IC community to negate a GH vote, IC would have to 1) rally investors to vote against a proposal or 2) find GH delegees, propose the removal of their delegation to GH - and in FEI’s case, via tokenholder vote. Could it be done, yes. But most of this would be likely post-vote - which means a lot of work that no one has time for.

In principle - anyone can make a proposal - but I think letting IC know the sum of your GH activities - in the name of Index - is necessary. I may have missed it, but I don’t think this was included in your prior links. Are there other proposals not listed?

Second, I think you are misrepresenting GH as an Index subDAO to FEI [1] Like you did here with FIP78c [2] and you have done with AAVE ARC - Adding Multi-Collateral DAI [3]

I love initiative, but I am thinking I love transparency even more. So I don’t have to trust. This is not the way.

I have posted on FEIs discussion form outlining the that GH is not a done deal. Their vote to delegate 100K index to Matthew closes on 4.09 [4] For those who support the proposal, I encourage you to voice your opinion to FEI. For those of you who have reservations, I encourage you to do the same. FEI should have a balanced perspective from Index Coop in relation to delegating INDEX to GovHouse.

[1] Snapshot

[2] FIP-78c: Meta-governance - stkAAVE (Aave) - #4 by Matthew_Graham - Proposals - Tribe

[3] ARC: Adding Multi-Collateral DAI to the Aave ARC Market - #4 by MatthewGraham - New Asset - Aave

[4] Governance House - Delegate INDEX for Metagovernance Voting - Tribe

4 Likes