As part of our continuing quest for protocol autonomy, this IIP requests authorization for Index Coop to delegate all of its voting rights to the elected Meta Governance Committee to assume the role of executors of the IndexCoop’s meta governance powers in accordance with all of its current processes and policies.
All votes will be delegated to these two addresses, depending on if the underlying governance is conducted on-chain or via snapshot:
0xf63Ec662753B88c3634AE276ba4eA28D681478C8 (Gnosis Safe)
By delegating to the Meta Governance Committee we will be giving the protocol more autonomy as its own elected committee will be responsible for executing the IndexCoop’s Meta Governance actions, instead of representatives from Set.
The creation process and configuration of both the multisig and EOA have been shared with Index Coop’s Engineering Working Group leadership and found to be sufficient.
The Meta Governance Committee will faithfully execute votes in accordance with all IndexCoop IIPs, MetaGov Votes, and processes, both current and future.
We at the Index Coop are on a never-ending quest of growth and improvement and part of that quest is to increase community autonomy.
The Index Coop has an elected committee of trusted community members that is already the backstop for making meta governance decisions. This committee has hopefully earned the trust of the IndexCoop and has demonstrated its ability to properly manage this process.
We feel that this is a great process to hand off to community representatives and should at any time the INDEX holders feel we are unable to faithfully execute these votes, they can delegate the meta governance powers to another trusted party.
- Delegate the meta governance powers for the on-chain voting protocols (Aave, Compound, and Uniswap) to a 3 of 5 Gnosis Safe Multi-Sig at the following address:
The initial parameters are a 3 of 5 multi-sig address controlled by the elected Meta Gov Committee members:
Members of EWG may be added as needed should technical issues arise.
- Delegate the meta governance powers for the off-chain voting protocols (Yearn and Balancer) to the following EOA:
This EOA was created and will be managed by ELEV8 Crypto (David Silverman). Details of how the EOA was created and the various measures taken to create, manage and secure the key have been shared with EWG and deemed sufficient and appropriate.
- Should voting in new protocols be enabled, or should engineering enable a protocol’s switch from off-chain to on-chain (or vice versa), the meta governance powers will be delegated to the appropriate address unless otherwise specified by an IIP.
- Delegate UNI, AAVE, and COMP votes to 0xf63Ec662753B88c3634AE276ba4eA28D681478C8.
- Delegate YFI and BAL votes to 0x121111a0b0C09Ceca66C7a8bB5b4B3098572a0eA.
- Delegate all future meta gov votes to the above addresses unless otherwise specified by an IIP.
- Do not delegate to the various addresses and leave meta governance execution to the present team of Set employees.
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.