Need: Head of Analytics
- The Index Coop’s long-term success relies on high-quality, data-driven decision making to shape our protocol strategy. Data drives everything from prospective product demand & current product usage, to revenue breakdown, voter participation, and more.
- While the AWG has been impactful, locking down a long-term, full-time contributor who is committed to ensuring the Coop is making data-driven decisions will set the Coop up for long-term success. This aligns with one of our core principles, being ‘data driven, community governed’.
- Institutional memory and context is also important, having someone long-term gives stability to the Coop and advantages to our data construction. Understanding/anticipating Coop’s needs is easier with context built up over time.
- We build a lot of marketing on the back of data, meaning analytics is another tool to leverage for growth. We could use someone who builds credibility in the space to push this content and represent the Coop externally as a leader.
- Strong leadership is needed to build an Analytics team into a core competency that will drive long-term success.
- By making this position full time, we align the goals of the Coop and the contributor.
- Note: This is not mutually exclusive of hiring engineering talent. There is work being done to solidify a scorecard(s) for engineering roles as that is a clear need.
Compensation: Precedent was set by the first cohort @ $5k and 0.15% of token supply over 2 years. This is a starting point and open to negotiation depending on individual circumstances.
Scorecard: Head of Analytics
The scorecard details how this role will contribute to the success of the Index Coop, and the core competencies a successful candidate is expected to demonstrate.
Potential applicants should fill out this Google Form.
Applications will close 5 days after this post.
The hiring team will review applications against the scorecard. If further information or resolution is needed, applicants may be asked to interview.
It’s expected that first time through we may find some gaps in the process, any improvements will be noted and shared to iterate for the next round.