- Opportunity: The #analytics group in Index Coop is gaining traction. We see an opportunity to create one of the strongest analytical communities in all of DeFi.
- Blocker: We are lacking the ability to coordinate amongst ourselves and with the Coop as a whole and tool-up to do the work.
- Request: Please provide feedback! How can we best organize the AWG? How the AWG can best function to support all other working groups across the Coop? What should the relationship between AWG and the Treasury look like (for rewarding analytics contributions)?
- Tentative proposal: Model after the GWG. Create a pipeline to receive requests, structure for discussion, reward successful output with small bounties, etc.
The Index Coop is a product-focused DAO that prides itself on building the right products for the right users. We manage the research, launch, growth, and maintenance of products that aim to be fundamental to the DeFi ecosystem. To this point, the Coop has put forth a consistent effort for decisions to be driven by analytical insight. There is already evidence that both decision analytics and product analytics are essential for the Coop, as well as for the broader community to understand the mission and progress of the Coop. These needs are only going to grow as the Coop supports more products.
We propose formalizing an Analytics Working Group (AWG) within the Index Coop. In order to create the most data-driven DAO in existence, we need the proper coordination to drive our analytical efforts across the Coop.
While we have managed to get by with a few analysts trying to pick up requests from across the Coop, it is getting difficult to manage, prioritize, and deliver on all of the requests. Also, almost every week we have a new community member ask if they can contribute to Analytics at the Coop - it is getting more difficult to manage all of the potential contributions in an efficient and scalable way. Simply, we believe the AWG will provide the foundation to support the whole Coop, as well as maximizing our contributors potential.
Proposed AWG Functions
- Facilitate asynchronous communications regarding Analytics projects across the Coop
- Don’t want to add another meeting that people have to attend, but will create a continuous doc for communication
- Manage request intake and prioritization process
- Manage a transparent project board to show progress on analytics tasks across contributors
- Manage access to blockchain analytics tools (Dune, Nansen, etc)
- Manage resource requests to the Coop
- Work with partners whose projects have passed by DG2 to build dashboards
- Manage code collaboration processes for the Coop Analytics repo
- Write clean documentation and manage processes for onboarding new analyst to the Coop
- Provide continuous transparent record of contributions for reward
- Cross-functional collaboration to solve the most pressing problems facing the Index Coop
Our goal is to build the most efficient, powerful analytics group that a DAO has ever seen. The Index Coop needs this support to achieve aggressive plans to launch new indexes, increase AUM, and increase index product adopters.
Request for Feedback
Please leave comments with any feedback regarding how we can best organize the AWG, or how the AWG can best function to support all other working groups across the Coop.
Intended Next Step
We hope to move forward to a formal proposal similar to Launching a Growth Working Group