In the Index Coop’s journey of progressive decentralization, engineering capability has been well established as a key requirement for self sufficiency. Web3 engineering is an umbrella term for integrating smart contracts with user interfaces. It is a major part of what the Index Coop produces & having a dedicated & sustained Web3 engineering expertise in-house has been identified per hiring guidlines as a critical need for the Coop. This post lays out the hiring process and application forms for potential candidates.
Need: Web3 Engineer
- The Index Coop is in the business of creating smart contract based financial products.
- The Index Coop itself, and its ecosystem partners are also organised and run in part on smart contracts.
- In order to access Index Coop products & DAO organization tools, some user-facing applications must be created to read & write to Index Coop smart contracts.
- Integrating smart contracts with applications of all types is a key competency the Index Coop’s engineering team must possess. At the very least, it is key to how we distribute Index Coop products.
- The purpose of this role is to build Web3 engineering expertise inside the Index Coop and ship safe & secure Web3 integrations to support Index Coop product launches, DAO maintenance, BD, growth and more.
Compensation: 7,000 USD and 0.15% token supply vesting over 2 years with a 6 month cliff. This is a starting point and open to negotiation depending on individual circumstances.
Scorecard: Web3 Engineer Hiring Scorecard
- Applicants should fill out this google form.
- Applications will close August 13th, 2021
- The hiring team will review applications against the scorecard. If further information or resolution is needed, applicants may be asked to interview.
- If a mutually beneficial fit is found, the hiring team will extend an offer and conduct any compensation negotiations.
As always this process results in merely the creation of an IIP.
For any Index Coop hire to be confirmed, they must be voted in via the IIP process.