IIP-179: Modify the Organization Structure & Pod Representatives

Hi @afromac,

Welcome back and I hope all is well your end. Thanks for the thoughtful questions, I will try to respond to all of them below:

There is basically no impact in practice. As you know, there was never a scenario where one of the Pods had to sign a transaction for another Pod. The primary role of each pod was managing signers on the subordinate pods.

As you said these were the roles of the Engineering and Treasury Pod. These roles do not change – the only change is the Engineering Operations Pod signers and Treasury Pod signers will be managed by the Operations Pod. These signers are still responsible for the same function.

The signers of the subordinate Safes will remain the same. TC, GL, and GD will not need to sign more as it was very rare for one of three Pods to need to change signers out. The main goal here is to reduce the effort for INDEX token holders to do due diligence to ensure that the pod representatives represent their values. This IIP will bring the number of representatives from 9 to 3 which should be a much more manageable task to do well.

Just to clarify again, normal operations around maintaining products and treasury management will be handled by those signers on the Engineering Operations Pod and the Treasury Pod, but the Operations Pod will have the authority to change the signers in those Pods if they deem it necessary.

This was an oversight while drafting this post. The specific mandate will be the same as specified in IIP-170 with the only change being the added responsibilities of appointing signers to the Treasury and Engineering Operations Pod.

Note: I’ve edited the post to remove that sentence.

Thanks,
Anthony

4 Likes