Title: Extension to FLI Parameter Delegation
Created: 8th July 2021
To extend IIP-45 for the delegation of parameter management to a small team of subject matter experts for 6 months to 31st January 2022.
IIP-45 created a dedicated group of representatives of the methodologist (DeFi Pulse), engineering (Set Labs) and Index Coop contributors who were given the authority to make changes to FLI product parameters for ~10 weeks. This proposal extends that mandate for a further 6 months.
This delegation of responsibility will expire on the 31st January 2022.
IIP-45 was proposed to allow the management of leveraged products by subject matter experts without requiring individual IIP’s.
This delegated authority has been in effect with a number of parameter changes being made e.g.:
- BTC2-FLI parameter change #4
- BTC2-FLI parameter change #5
- ETH2-FLI parameter change #7
- ETH2-FLI parameter change #8
While some larger changes to leveraged products have continued to require IIP’s and snapshot votes as they are outside the scope of the delegation. E.g. Multiple exchange support
On the whole, the delegation of responsibility has worked as planned to reduce governance overhead while allowing the Leveraged Products POD to act quickly on behalf of the INDEXcoop.
I’m not aware of any negative feedback regarding the implementation of IIP-45.
Four changes have been made to the specification:
- Extension to 31st January 2022
- “Rebalancing exchange venue” has been removed from In scope parameters.
- “Recentering speed” has been added to out of scope parameters.
- Addition of @tgreco to the community members listed.
The FLI work team will be comprised of individuals within three sub groups:
- DeFi Pulse: @snasps @Jo_K
- Set Laboratories: @puniaviision @setoshi @richard
- Index Coop Community: @tgreco @allan.g @emault @afromac
The process will be:
- The FLI work team will discuss and identify parameter change requirements via discord / calls etc.
- One member of the FLI work team will post a short description of the reasoning for the change to the forum and state that the FLI work team is in agreement (a poll is not required).
- At least 24 hours notice in the forum without any dissent from a FLI team work Team member.
- The change can then be made once these criteria are met.
In scope parameters include:
- Supply Cap
- Max Trade Size
- Slippage tolerance during rebalances
Out of scope parameters include:
- Changes to the bot whitelist parameter (e.g. IIP-39 2)
- Fees of the product
- Recentering Speed
This delegation will expire on the 31st January 2022.
- Extend the mandate for the FLI work team and delegate parameter control to the specified individuals until 31st January 2022.
- Allow Delegation to lapse on the 31st July 2021, and revert to IIP and Snapshot for future parameter changes.