Nominations for - Wise Owls / Index Council

Thank you for nominating me for the Index Council @MrMadila, @LemonadeAlpha, @Lanks, and @Lavi.

I will be accepting these nominations. I joined the Coop during the first month of its existence, and have since taken ownership over a wide range of responsibilities across the smart contract stack. On the council, I will bring my deep technical understanding of our protocol and its infrastructure to inform the other members of the possible solutions and direct the group towards the best outcomes.

I would also like to point to the following owls who would make fantastic additions to the team:
@jdcook
@edwardk
@oneski22
@Matthew_Graham
@Cavalier_Eth

12 Likes

Thanks for the nominations to the Index Council, and super excited to see this group start to really move the Index Coop forward, solving key current issues which are acting as anchors to our growth and future success. Whilst I am humbled to have been nominated I would like to respectfully decline, in order to focus my efforts on continually leveling up our finances, being open and transparent and the envy of other protocols when it comes to financial reporting and treasury management.

After joining the Coop in May I have seen it grow from strength to strength, and I am proud to be part of this highly talented market-leading group of people. I see the Index council evolving in the future with new fresh faces and ideas being brought to the table, it is a relay and not a one-person race, so I would like to say that I intend in the future to have the opportunity to be passed the baton and I encourage others to also have that mindset.

With that said it is absolutely essential to have @Matthew_Graham representing a voice for the finances of the Coop on this council. He has been instrumental in building a team of financial experts and making the Index coop market leaders in the space. He is one of the most knowledgeable people I know in DeFi and always has the future success of the DAO at the forefront of his thinking.

I would also like to see @Metfanmike and @0x_Dev elected who respectively have a wealth of business knowledge and specific skill sets that are perfect for making the tough decisions needed for us to thrive as an organization. :owl: :rocket:

9 Likes

@DocHabanero @DarkForestCapital @verto0912 @anthonyb.eth
Just noting that you have yet to accept or decline your nominations, with only about ~7 hours left up until voting commences.

1 Like

While I appreciate the thoughts behind my nomination, I do not wish to be considered for this election to the wise owl council.

There is a huge amount of talent in this coop and with many excellent names already accepted I know we will be in good hands.

6 Likes

Also appreciate the nomination but I enjoyed my time on the FC and think the time has come for the next wave of leaders to direct the Coop, so I will be declining.

Great to see this model being trialled though, hope it brings out the best in the community!

9 Likes

Thank you for the nomination and I am accepting!

Iā€™m very excited about the future of Index Coop and I have truly enjoyed contributing to what I view as an extremely important project in the future of the world.

6 Likes

Following Davidā€™s good practices, should I be elected, I want to make clear the legal entity serving on the council would be Minotaur Ventures LLC.

4 Likes

Thanks for the nomination. I will respectfully decline for the reasons mentioned by @overanalyser and @DarkForestCapital.

5 Likes

I accept the nomination and look forward to driving value for the coop family. (Apologize for the delay, wedding and holidays have had me out the last few days)

4 Likes

Following David and Mikeā€™s good practices, should I be elected, the legal entity serving on the council would be Bytefish Ventures LLC.

5 Likes

Got the email! Heading to vote :ballot_box:

3 Likes

I must say that itā€™s pretty important and necessary that we add discord usernames to our actual name when voting, for clarity sake. I spent more time trying to figure out who is who in the absence of a discord username, than paying attention to my order of choice vote.

1 Like

Following JD, David, and Mikeā€™s practices, if I am elected to the council, a separate legal entity will be serving. I will update this post with the name of the entity at a later date before the council term begins (I am a bit behind the curve with the paperwork).

2 Likes

In Our practices and decisions as a DAO, especially here at the coop, we must take cognizance of the fact that we are making history and creating antecedence of decentralized practices. So every of our decisions and considerations we must beware of traditional loopholes and shortfalls that already exist in governance, human relations, poverty alleviationā€¦( all the sustainable development goals) and most importantly, making profit. Our code of conduct must be a driving force behind our different motivations and itā€™s re-affirmation is a beautiful action that must continue.

3 Likes

And I pledge allegiance to support this cause @Mringz. BDWG :rocket: Defi partnership and integration :rocket: Growth :rocket:. Congratulations to all the nominated Owls.

1 Like