Proposal: Asia Pacific Working Group (APWG)

Thanks for the thought-provoking questions @anon10525910

This I can answer because the inclusion of language as a ‘key consideration’ here is limited by my own thinking, as follows. With 48 countries, and more than 2000 different languages spoken content translation must be an ongoing, operational need for APAC’s geographic expansion.

What I’ve labelled ‘key consideration’ is really more of a caveat based on available funding. We need to figure out how funding/co-funding w. LOWG will work. It’s difficult to budget when can not say how much and what content will be created (&translated) over the next three months.

In a centralised organisation, the content strategy would be planned in advance and delegated but in a decentralised and autonomous organisation, who knows when our next Hemmingway @acceleratedcapital might come through the door?

If I had to draw a critical path to attain the lofty goals set out - community capacity building is first and foremost. Before we can grow the community we are working w. POC to increase the number of opportunities listed on the jobs board @bradwmorris is developing

Community calls are key to connecting, collaborating and developing operational context, however, we want to expand opportunities for people to get up-to-speed, narrow that confidence gap and operate autonomously between community call sync’s.

To that purpose, we are proposing a research-led ‘sales funnel’ for business development to help identify and secure opportunities in the region, while also serving the purpose to help people develop industry-specific insight and context for Index products market-fit.

Tagging our content champion @tudou

People are and will always be our #1 resource so IMO community capacity is the foundation we build from, in order to achieve anything - not looking to label anyone, resources defined in terms of our shared humanity. Great question for everyone to weigh in on @pujimak_in @Lanks @Louisaraj @Vanita

I believe these groups to be necessarily interdependent. We are looking to build community capacity for institutional and business development through the onboarding and research pathways (which I personally expect to sign up for too) while providing funding for the ongoing IB BD and Growth marketing work that the team already undertakes.

3 Likes