Reaffirming Our Focus (North Star & Core KPIs)

Just catching up on this convo. Agree with most of what has been written.

+1 for # Holders as North Star. Essentially we are selling index products, hence customer (aka user) numbers should be a priority
+1 for # Unit Supply Growth & Mint Volume Again, high number of units sold/minted implies high demand aka happy customers

Tbh I’m struggling a bit to grasp what exactly differentiates NorthStar from KPIs. I assume it’s sort of long term strategic goals vs. tactical “how-to-get-there” metrics.

Anyway, I’d see trading volume and liquidity as KPIs, as they determine how much we can sell (or how big of a trade). Plus I liked the store analogy used a few times before, in that it should be our goal to place our products in as many “stores” (aka exchanges) as possible. Essentially this comes back to product availability.

Things like revenue/income are just an outcome of our efforts, they’ll come naturally if we successfully achieve our north star and KPIs.

Interesting that nobody mentioned $INDEX price appreciation as KPI. This shows how product focused we are!

Regarding TVL, I’m also not a big fan of using this metric, as it can be misleading when looking at it isolated.

1 Like

Spot on!

North Star

KPIs

1 Like

Personally, I would lean more towards Net tokens in circulation / net income as being more north Star than # of token holders.

As an aside ‘# of token holders’ needs, a bit of a caveat as some wallets contain dust. Discord

The key point is, what’s better:

1. 1 Whale with $1,000,000 worth of DPI
  2. 1,000 shrimps with a total of $1,000,000 of DPI
  3. 2,000 Shrimps with a total of $800,000 DPI

I would be happy with 1 or 2, #3 is less attractive from a financial point of view. So why would ‘# token holders’ be our North Star as it would focus us towards #3?

1 Like

Hi @anon10525910 ,

Fantastic read and amazing value content. I was thinking whether there is any target for said working groups in place to achieve on a regular basis. We can use SWOT analysis for different products and Index Coop as a whole on quarterly basis to see where we are and “what” needed to be done.

1 Like