The Funding Council is Adding 1 New Member

Thanks for the nomination @0x_Dev.

The Funding Council has the potential to become a model for how DAOs can achieve rapid growth and financial sustainability. If run correctly, it can enable transparency, accountability and success at Index Coop.

Some steps we can take to get there are outlined in the Funding Council of the Future proposal.

Why I think I can help the Funding Council…

• Over the last two months I have directly supported the Funding Council update and improve their process for reward collections.
  • Played a key part in the shift towards WGL determining contributor rewards to enable greater transparency and accountability from WGs.
  • I am a firm believer that we should be iterating to develop a meritocratic system that incentivises high impact contributors.
  • As POC WGL and member of the Autonomy Group, I spent much of my time thinking about many of the topics covered by the Funding Council.

I’m hoping this operational understanding of how the FC works, coupled with the strategic vision outlined in “Funding Council of the Future” gives the community a good idea of what I would hope to achieve as a Funding Council nominee.

Edit - also agreeing with @Matthew_Graham and @oneski22 RE the need to have an odd number of members of the FC. For transparency also noting that presently @puniaviision has priorities elsewhere and so has basically zero input into FC decision making.

5 Likes