Since the first expansion of the Funding Council, the operational and funding needs of the Index Coop have grown significantly. The Coop has…
- 9 Working Groups
- Formed a MetaGovernance Committee
- Hired 5 full-time contributors with more on the way.
This all requires work from the Funding Council.
Further, as covered in Treasury Committee - Handover Roadmap, it is time for the makeup of the Council to better reflect the nature of the DAO.
Now, it is time to continue to make good on the Roadmap and add another community member to the Council in a decision maker role.
This is a hands-on role that requires significant time & energy.
The Coop relies on the FC to keep operations running, provide challenging feedback/questions, and both spend & distribute community funds responsibly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, executing, verifying monthly rewards
- Reviewing and settling reward disputes
- Improving the Working Group structure & process
- Supporting Working Group leaders
- Reviewing Working Group proposals
- Reviewing other proposals that come before the FC
- Improving the FC budgeting process
- Drafting subsequent Funding Council Grants
This role will also evolve as the Coop itself evolves.
Similar to the past, the terms are as follows:
- Reward: 2,000 USD per month stipend denominated in INDEX (in addition to individual contributor rewards)
- Term: 6 months
The first time we added a member a forum poll was used with passing criteria of > 70% FOR.
- Voting registration period: Monday, August 9 - Monday, August 16
- 3-day nomination period: Monday, August 9 - Thursday, August 12
- 3-day selection period: Monday, August 16 - Thursday, August 19
This role will be funded by the Funding Committee itself, and so need not go through the IIP process.
Nominate yourself or other(s) you want on the ballot by tagging them in the replies with a short explanation as to why you are nominating them.
@Pepperoni_Joe will assist with registration and then set up the rank-order voting portal to begin on Monday, August 16th.