Upcoming initiatives in Community Management (+extras)

Thanks for the feedback @verto0912 - did any of the response I provided to @LemonadeAlpha address any of these concerns?

To pick up some of the specifics points you raised.

To distill the aim of this post into one sentence:
“To show what we are doing, how we are doing it, who is doing it - if you have any challenge or see duplication in other areas, let us know”.

I saw the polls as providing a temperature check on the activity we are proposing to do. Whilst not formal “governance”, if one of the suggestions received apathy or pushback (ie. majority of responses were neutral or below), I would consider canning it. I take onboard the feedback though that the polls are of little value.

Without wanting to repeat the detail in original post, fundamentally these initiatives each do one or more of the following:

• Drive Coop wide efficiency - and so all business outcomes [headings: 2,3,5]
  • Enable us to identify and funnel top talent - again driving all business outcomes [headings: 1,2]
  • Increase awareness of, and engagement with, our products - this is mainly related to “1. Webinars” and has parallels with the business objectives that underpin the existence of the IC, impression mining and other Growth and BD initiatives. [heading: 1]

Who’s time and what focus? Treasury Management and Distribution are closed groups, not open to new joiners. New joiners have little opportunity to immediately contribute to high impact activities. Thus, there is a need to still direct then towards activities which provide values for the Coop (writing content, completing basic tasks, sharing post of twitter etc) and which present an opportunity for them to prove their capability and value to the Coop.

We are still less than two weeks into the role, so I would ask for some patience whilst we look to address some fundamental challenges with community management. For example, better funneling of new members to reduce extra work on the wider team.

However, I’m struggling here to understand what practically you are suggesting we should be doing differently, or prioritising instead, to achieve this aim.