As the number of contributors to the Coop continues to grow, we are seeing the need for a friendly face (or faces) to onboard new people and efficiently introduce them to our operations. Working group leads are also struggling to keep up with progress elsewhere in the Coop as they continue to focus on their areas of expertise.
Having a community manager can help Index Coop continue to scale while reducing information loss across the organisation. They will also help new starters get oriented and effectively onboard them to the right places for contributing effectively.
- Outline the scope and responsibilities of the role below, laid out similarly to working group proposals
- Nominate and onboard someone to the role
What are the core problems this solves?
As briefly outlined in the summary;
- The IC is growing rapidly, there is a need to improve the process of onboarding new contributors
- Beyond just onboarding, any opportunity to get involved needs matching with people who want to start contributing. A community manager can help facilitate this.
- Working group leads themselves don’t always have time to stay up to date with developments elsewhere in the Coop. ACM will act as a community facilitator, helping to better coordinate teams, fill information voids, and improve Coop efficiency by providing context or involving the right people in a discussion
- The Coop’s Discord is seeing an increase in spam posts and is becoming difficult to moderate for current mods, having a Coop CM will help keep Discord a useful and quality forum for the Coop.
What does the community manager do?
**Edit to add updated responsibilities
Proposed stipend: $5k for lead, $2.5k for co-lead
As with all the other working groups this will be a 3 month trial to begin with, with a reflection point after that time period and a chance to iterate if required. A poll will be added after 3 days from the post going live to give time for discussion and nominations.
- For - PepperoniJoe and Mrvls Brkfst will share the community management role and responsibilities. Stipend will be $5k and $2.5k respectively
- Against - Do not implement the role as proposed