Launch a Creative and Design Working Group (CDWG) as a centralized function to execute creative and design work for The Index Coop, inspired by the example and success of the Growth Working Group (GWG).
Objectives and responsibilities of CDWG
- Centralize and organize the creative and design function in The Index Coop, to ensure we operate from a consistent, high-quality design framework. This will help build The Index Coop brand
- Plan and execute projects originated from within CDWG. E.g. - brand framework, new website, new product page
- Rationalize and execute projects which originate from other areas of the Coop. E.g. - biz dev/sales assets, adverts, gifs, memes, videos, motion graphics, MVI assets etc.
- Work with front end engineers where and when needed for building assets
- Keep the Coop regularly appraised of where design assets can be accessed on a self-serve basis
- Leader Owls, as co-heads and committee members, similar to Growth Working Group
- Propose: @codemathics , @DevOnDeFi @Martin as leaders, given their relevant backgrounds, work for the Coop to-date, and desire to contribute more in formalized roles.
- Leaders will organize and run the CDWG and work on specific briefs in the trenches too.
- Design Owls: further members who contribute on specific briefs CDWG works on via a briefing process
- It’s expected that there’ll be a small core of Design Owls, which may grow and shrink back down as design workload rises and falls and contributors increase and decrease their time allocation to the Coop.
Structure: Communication & Meetings
- Continue using Design channel in Discord.
- Non-CDWG members can alert re needs for design work via a Notion board with briefing notes and timeline details. Skeleton Notion board ready to build out here. Coop members should be able to view Notion
- Bi-weekly CDWG meeting at a time to be arranged, which will be convenient for various time zones.
- Reminders to be shared in the Design channel along with relevant meeting assets/deck ahead of time.
Structure: Assets & IP
- Assets and work to be stored in a CDWG Drive folder managed by the committee.
- Subfolders to house briefing docs and finished assets, which can be shared with relevant Coop members/other partners.
- Public-facing version of brand framework to be accessible via a footer link in The Index Coop website.
Structure: Budget, Committee & Member Compensation
- Potential to access up to $XXk of INDEX/month where contributions from non-committee members warrant rewards. Often will not get utilized where few non-committee members work on briefs, but having this initial potential budget will be helpful to attract external design skills to also help with the demand, for instance, the MVI launch requires a couple of design work focused on motion graphics and even animations, these take a lot of time and resources to create from ideation to completion, thus, getting more hands dirty other than myself, @DevOnDeFi and @Martin is ideal now that the Coop is growing speedingly. Budgets can be revisited and voted on again at a future date if mechanics are not working. To codify in follow up post
- Up to $2.5k/month on design apps and tools (For instance, MVI launch requires such budgets at this time to aid design committee come up with creatives given the time). Budgets here also may not get used at times.
- Committee: propose committee members are compensated in-line with other WG leads.
- Non-committee members (who work on briefs): eligible for INDEX rewards. Committee to meet in last week of each month and agree on rewards, before going to Treasury Committee each month and requesting allocations for contributors up to $XXk/month ceiling.
This is only the third/fourth working group proposed in the Coop, so feedback and comments are encouraged!
Otherwise, we hope fellow Coop members will be pleased to see these efforts to structure Design more formally, make this function more efficiently, invest in design value add, and reward wider contributors for their value add too.
We hope to receive positive votes and feedback here, before finessing the proposal, then submitting a more formal proposal with $ numbers as the next step.
A huge thanks to @DevOnDeFi and @Martin for not just supporting this, but taking so much time on calls, Discord chats, and proposal preparation and edits to get this out. Won’t be a proposal without them!
- FOR establishing the CDWG
- AGAINST establishing the CDWG