The re-named Design Working Group (DWG - simplified from CDWG) would like to present Index Coop the opportunity to enable the DWG until the 1st April 2022 - with a three month check in/review process.
Continue to produce high quality design assets for the DAO
Assist EWG putting new website live: Soon ™, though we’re the junior partner in this launch process. More below
Work with partners in GMWG to enable the design and launch of landing pages for ad, content and social campaigns. Infra is ready to leverage
‘10x’ our existing video content - with supporting social hosting platforms (YouTube) - to become the stand out video marketing DAO in DeFi
Plan, build and launch (or launch soon after this WG iteration) an Owl NFT series which our contributors love - and which creates a lot of buzz in crypto: i) This may involve external mechanism design and NFT engineering partners; ii) Related Discord channel here and planning document here. And, we had our first NFT activists group call today! ; ii) A forum post will propose this project in more detail, with a vote on whether we should do this or not. This post will mainly features on what the community wants the goals of this NFT project to be. To get ahead of this: should we chose to work with external partners specializing in NFT mechanism design and engineering, they will need some incentive to partner with us, so the community should be aware of this should this project evolve a’pace and in some weeks a related forum post re potential project arrive with a project-specific budget.
NEW CONCEPT: once our video group has largely completed the video goals in 4. we will collaborate with other DAOs (ideally in our index products - Eg Farm ($DPI), Rarible ($MVI), Filecoin ($DATA)) to help them deliver incredible video too. This will: i) Benefit these DAOs and their awareness, due to better marketing and story-telling. Benefitting our index product tokens via price maintenance or appreciation and our clients who hold them; ii) Help strengthen our ties with other DAOs. There’s a lot of potential in DAO-to-DAO coordination and strengthening these relationships; iii) (Hopefully) enable DWG to earn tokens or USDC from this work to bring back to our Treasury. Tagging @Matthew_Graham and TWG crew. We’re essentially looking to deploy an agency model here, but instead of earning our margin in fiat, we consider earning it in tokens. We could also simply earn in fiat, or convert to fiat, where TWG seeks to operate with a different risk profile. Eg bear market.
Design is important in building trust, reputation and brand. We know and respect brands such as Apple, Dyson and Tesla.
Design can also improve conversion rate on landing pages, shareability of content and social media posts and even success rate in BD activities. We continue to hear phenomenal and humbling feedback on DWG’s work - the DOWLs take ALL the credit.
The DWG has been operating for six months, hopefully adding value (aforementioned feedback suggests so), and we hope to continue to point ourselves at the target of ‘being the best designed DAO in DeFi!’
Progress over these six months has been documented via regular updates in the Organization section of the Forum. Here’s the most recent example. In short, we have laid our design foundations via the brand framework, executed a new website design and delivered countless content and social media assets. Much of this has been collated into our design archive. This is a good start, but we can build much higher off of these foundations.
Let’s become the best video marketing DAO in DeFi and launch a buzz-generating and contributor-attracting NFT campaign!
We will continue to operate as we have been but adjust our focus and ambitions with each quarter. Example of new ambition:
- Owl NFT campaign
- Establishing the (DWG) Vod (Video Pod) to ‘10x’ our video content
- Lead by @Static121, with up to seven video wizard owls keen to join
As before, we will not stop seeking to improve. Please keep your feedback coming in - we cannot improve and grow as fast without regular, helpful feedback. Feedback is truly precious.
- Release new website in partnership with EWG: DWG’s design work is 99% done here now, but we’re deeply invested partners with EWG to get this live. Thanks to Dylan and Modene for helping enable this after some resourcing issues before. And thanks to @Emil_ETH for leading the Webflow charge, excellently
- Launch marketing-lead landing pages with GMWG, MrMadila and crew
- This infrastructure is now ready and tested
- We see the WG-WG partnership as operating like this:
- GMWG has an idea of landing page. Writes copy and brief doc
- DWG designs landing page and then builds it and launches it
- GMWG measures campaign and landing page performance
- Start again or optimize existing landing page
- ‘10x’ our video content and have an enormous video portfolio for the DAO in six months
- We have made our main video investment to-date in 4-5 product launch videos - one specific layer of the funnel
- We want to create, on average, one significant, high quality video relating to the Coop, our community, our products, how to buy/LP, etc, every two weeks
- We hope to exceed this goal
- Watch out for more news from the Vod!
- Design, build and launch an owl NFT series to reward contributors
- As described above
- Keep your owl eyes peeled for the forum post
- Working Group Lead: Dev.
- Working Group Co-Lead: @Static121
- Lead: Dev: 300 $INDEX/month
- Co-lead: @Static121: 200 $INDEX/month
Core contributor rewards:
50/50 fixed $INDEX/USDC
- @Seblavoie: 75 $INDEX, $2,500 USDC/month
USD value contributor rewards: $27,500/month
Design tools and apps: no request. We will pay these costs from the previous Treasury allocations for this line item. Our DWG tools and apps wallet here has 724.88 $INDEX in it as of writing
Total monthly cost:
- $INDEX: 910
- USD: $30,000
We humbly ask your support to continue building on our design foundations, pursue more ambitious, high value projects and generally keeping shooting for our previous North Star:
- To be the best designed DAO in DeFi
… and potential, secondary North Star:
- To be the best video marketing DAO in DeFi
Business as usual activities and key projects, as discussed above.
How will you interface with the community?
As we are today, with contual, evolutionary improvements:
- Various Design channels in Discord
- Notion request form, tracker board, and design archive
- Bi weekly DWG meetings (open to the community)
- Provide regular updates to community - Weekly Meeting and Org Meeting
- Posts in the forum - updates, requests for feedback/votes, etc
I am committed to Index Coop principles
I am committed to serving the entire Index Coop with my work.
I am committed to open, rapid communication: I know that clear, constant, public communication lifts up the entire Index Coop community. I am committed to this style of communication.
Shared learnings: I will share my progress, learnings with the entire community. I will ensure that anything I create is accessible beyond my own tenure for future generations of Indexers to access & build on.
Intellectual honesty: I am committed to growth and improvement. I am open to feedback and will use feedback to improve my work for the benefit of the entire Coop community.
I am committed to making Index Coop a welcoming, fun, and engaging community to work in!
Any errors = my own.