Establish A Creative & Design Working Group

Thanks for commenting @anon10525910,

What is the “creative and design function” in the Index Coop? You might want to share specific examples of what creative output the function has produced and how it’s been used. Most folks are unlikely to know what the contributions have been so far! @jdcook addressed this in his “Working Group Leaders” section, for example.

Examples of work include:

Launch video for MVI: https://twitter.com/indexcoop/status/1379872194172317696

Banners and logos: FLI and MVI assets are examples used for launch articles and general blogs: Discord, Discord

Ads: for running on crypto sites such as Coingecko:

What is the core problem(s) this group is designed to solve? Put another way, what are the design needs of the Coop today? Why are they not being met? How could they be better met?

Some of the needs of the Coop are being met today. The CDWG aims to centralize, structure and organize design in the Coop so we can move it to the next level. Design currently happens in an unstructured way, without clear roles, communication and project management tools. We also have @Pepperoni_Joe getting involved now who’d like to help with the communication and process too.

On "Objectives and responsibilities" – this spans quite a number of different functions. From a distance, “Rationalize and execute projects which originate from other areas of the Coop” seems to be the highest need, but I’ll be curious to read your responses to the first two bullets above.

At many times this will be the highest need, unless the CDWG is pushing on a new, internal group initiative.

New website: There are tons of considerations here, so I’m keeping it brief: I don’t think this fits into a Creative/Design Working Group. This is a large, complicated project that will require significant Set resources. It is more “product management” than it is creative/design. A few resources I’m looking at: Hotjar , HubSpot , Invision. Happy to share more context on this point!

Thanks for the ideas here and for working with us on a website project plan for the Coop to understand more via a forum post. More to come on this point.

Who is the lead? Who is the co-lead? Nailing this down would be very helpful (just echoing @dylan’s point here)

Your voice is heard and please see reply to Dylan.

3 Likes