IIP-59-Final: Data Economy Index (DATA)

DATA has passed DG2!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Thank you to everyone in this community who voted for the DATA index and provided support over the past 3 months to get DATA this far!!

I also want to acknowledge the concerns of those who voted AGAINST or raised objections with the proposal. @dylan @ncitron @puniaviision @jdcook @overanalyser @trx314

Specifically, many individuals other than yourselves expressed their reservations, both publicly and privately in other venues, with the off-boarding clause, including those that ultimately voted FOR the proposal.

Your objections and concerns have been heard.

I will work with @jdcook, the methodologist committee (DFP, Bankless, community methodologists, etc. ), and anyone from the broader IC community over the coming months to make sure that the off-boarding clause is never exercised, and that if it is used, it is done so in a way that is minimally disruptive to the Index Cooperative. I sincerely hope we can accomplish this by building a new, stronger foundation between methodologists and the Index Cooperative.

Now the real work begins - cannot wait to make DATA a massive success with this community!!!

cc: @kiba

10 Likes