Today, Finance Nest’s weekly public-facing call, Money Talks, discussed current projects, tokenomics, and some relationships with partners.
Tomorrow, we’ve got a big Leadership Forum, hoping to finalize discussion on the future of the Index Council and hearing some updates on the proposal process. This is preceded by BD’s Internal Sync.
- VOTING LIVE:
- [COMPOUND-85] Risk Parameter Updates for UNI, LINK, MKR, AAVE, YFI, and SUSHI
- [AAVE-undefined] Aave <> Starknet - Phase I
Finance | Community:
- PROPOSED: IIP-134: Index Coop Retrospective Airdrop @Metfanmike and from @Finance.Nest, @Matthew_Graham, @Hammad1412, @prairiefi
- February Owl Pulse Survey
- New YouTube Video: Meet Matthew Graham | Community Highlight (like, comment, & subscribe!)
F.Nest’s Money Talks (10 attendees)
- The topic of much debate, the proposed airdrop, will hit Snapshot tomorrow.
- Nest budgets are being approved/revised and will be presented in next week’s Leadership Forum.
- They’re working on DebtDAOs to raise a LOC $1.5 to $2m in available liquidity.
- Contributor Rewards has closed for the month. If you did not submit, just add your projects to next month’s form. Payout will happen by next Wednesday.
- Tokenomics design is in the works. Expect a well-developed forum post up by mid-March.
@Finance.Nest intends to make discussions more intentional, perhaps planning topics within the field for Money Talks. In the meantime, a reminder: There are three pillars of tokenomics, and they are:
- Index as a productive value model
- An overall tokenomics model based on income
- Unlocking the value of Meta-Governance
a. Yearn has a check and balance built-in
b. @JosephKnecht: “Liquidity is the currency of the realm.”
In other news…
- We as a DAO are mindful of a potential multi-year bear market. We have two-year run rates based on reserves with zero income, so we will not have to adjust as the market changes. Successful projects do not have an income cliff.
- FLI contributes heavily to our revenue stream, and it is likely to become more dominant.
- IC is backed by several VCs like 1kx and Sequoia, but we are a smaller investment for them. For this reason, we do not involve them in all decision but maintain strong communications.
Shoutout to @shawn16400 for his diligent note-taking!
Daily Owlpha: “You don’t need to be an expert to begin sharing your knowledge.” - @ohhshiny