Establish A Creative & Design Working Group

Hey all, good work here.
I think consolidating design/branding efforts makes a ton of sense.

I want to raise a couple points:

1. Ideally working groups should have 1 lead, with at most 1 additional co-lead. While difficult, this has many benefits:
  • Simplifies decision making as one person has final yes/no authority in their defined domain.

• Simplifies interfacing with other working groups as all requests have a point person.

• Having a primary owner of working group outcomes ensures raised flaws will be addressed & related improvements will be enforced.

• We want to avoid the case where a decision by committee leaves no one with urgency/ownership re: the outcomes from a project.
  1. The engineering team’s bandwidth is going to be the limiting factor in website redesign progress. @0x_Dev has plenty of experience here in launching the referral tracking program😅. Having it as a north star/key metric to measure working group success may be tough.

2. It seems the creative working group should in theory function similarly to the analytics working group, in that it is a supporting organization that assists ad-hoc to marketing and product efforts. Some of your post I think agrees with this sentiment.

Suggestions:

1. Designate a single working group lead.

2. Consider a different north star/core problem statement for the working group. Website can be a part of it, but know that engineering will be a bottle neck. @LemonadeAlpha might be keen on improving marketing material with the help of a more organized design working group.

Overall I think establishing a more organized working group structure makes a lot of sense. It will simplify/standardize requesting work out of our design community to the great benefit to the rest of the coop. This is just my 2 cents on what will most likely lead to a success outcome for both the proposed working group and the Coop.

2 Likes