I am proposing the third iteration of the Growth Working Group (GWG) for Q3 2021 from July 1 to Oct 1.
The growth working group exists to accelerate adoption of Index Coop’s products. The working group structure provides the rails for coordination and funding of growth initiatives.
Growing our products is core to the success of the Index Cooperative. As we increase adoption, downstream effects such as revenue and unit economic improvements ensure protocol sustainability.
In order to grow our products we must continually:
- Craft messaging to position our products as solutions to customer problems
- Prioritize channels to efficiently reach our target audiences with that messaging
- Optimize our conversion flows
- Turn our customers into advocates
Introduce and reintroduce Index Coop Products in relevant channels (as measured by Impressions)
- Serve Twitter impressions which introduce our products and speak to product value at a rate of 5m monthly across accounts tracked.
Reinforce product value with content (as measured by words / multimedia minutes and reads / views)
- Publish 2 pieces of product value editorial content per week
Convert visitors / readers to owned channel (as measured by email conversions)
- Collect 2500+ of email addresses
- Major rollout in top 3 strategic geographies including operational social channel and media blitz
Working Group Leaders
- Mr Madila (co-lead)
$278,500 for 3 months (approx. 14,094 INDEX)
Current GWG multisig balance: 8,685 INDEX
4/5, GWG II: Requested $450k (+13,069 -5654) = ~7415 surplus
1/16, GWG I: Requested $100k (+9,173.6 -7,900) = ~1270 surplus
Use of Funds:
@Lemonade: Paid, WG lead
@mrmadila: Data, special projects
@dev: strategy, website tech
@dochabanero: product marketing
@lanks: APAC expansion
@caf: micro content
@static : micro content
@nftzakk: impression mining, Twitter
-Special project consultant work
-Ad hoc rewards & bounties: copywriting, writing, etc
-Ads & Sponsorships: Decrypt, DeFiant, Coingecko, new experimental channels
-Discretionary programs: Wallet promotions, referrals
-SaaS Licenses: CMS (e.g. Contently), Email (Getresponse)
What will you be doing?
- Communicate with customers to understand their motivations
- Craft product value messaging to distribute via social media, blogs, etc
- Localize that content to leverage in more geographies; with a look towards APAC
- Prioritize channels to optimize for targeted reach of that messaging with a low mixed-CAC
- Create and optimize conversion flows for key website events
- Empower customers to serve as advocates for Index Coop products
- Experimentation process for rapid learnings and further application of them
- Special projects, including: MMM attribution model, Referral infrastructure, SEO implementation
How will you interface with the community?
- Weekly GWG calls and pizza group vertical calls.
- Forum posts and discord (Monthly update, with stretch goal of weekly).
- Permissioned contribution programs
- Permissionless contribution programs
- 1 on 1’s with GWG members.
- Cross functional groups where required.
- I am committed to Index Coop principles
- I am committed to serving the entire Index Coop with my work.
- I am committed to open, rapid communication: I know that clear, constant, public communication lifts up the entire Index Coop community. I am committed to this style of communication.
- Shared learnings: I will share my progress, learnings with the entire community. I will ensure that anything I create is accessible beyond my own tenure for future generations of Indexers to access & build on.
- Intellectual honesty: I am committed to growth and improvement. I am open to feedback and will use feedback to improve my work for the benefit of the entire Coop community.
- I am committed to making Index Coop a welcoming, fun, and engaging community to work in!