Upcoming initiatives in Community Management (+extras)

Hey Joe,

As always I appreciate your thoroughness and passion.

A couple big things are coming up for me in the context of helping our community run as a well oiled machine.

One, it seems like there is a big push to onboard large volumes of new members into the community. I’m curious where this ideal is coming from and why we think this is the best path forward. Although getting as many people as possible excited about Index Coop is a worthy objective, I’m a bit weary of the pressure this puts on the current group driving outcomes. In the past few weeks there’s been a noticeable uptick in low context proposals coming from people who have never attended a growth call.

Imo, we should be funneling people into more and more informative sessions before attempting to give them tasks.

I’d also caution to not stretch the responsibilities too broadly in the early going as focus will be the key to success. LinkedIn paid campaigns are not even a possibility for crypto products (likewise with the occult :crystal_ball:).

I’d be keen to understand - what are the goals of the community team? The prioritization should be simple to back out from those.

4 Likes