Index Coop APAC

Thans for constant update! I just learned that Axie Infinity (AXS) , one of Index Coop’s main allocation in MVI have 60% DAU from Philippines. We can learn from these personas and execute strategies.

2 Likes

Axie is huge in the Philippines but also has good traction across Indo, Malaysia and Vietnam. We have a partnership lined up with Yield Guild on Axie scholarships although waiting on funding for this.

Perhaps myself and @DarkForestCapital can jump on the APAC call and we can spend some time on MVI.

5 Likes

Wow thanks for sharing this, yes definitely something we can learn and leverage on. Perhaps you have some networks you can leverage on to get the a better understanding these personas? I also could ask my networks there as well.

Cool!! Do you have any timeline on this? As I saw that the IIP was passed right? or did i got it wrong? Anyways I think we have a huge potential in the APAC region, given what you’ve stated Axie presence also in Indo & Malaysia & Vietnam. Something that warrant a further discussion.

Was just thinking the same thing during the call, when @Tudou shared about this idea. I think it would be great to get more context on MVI roadmaps and how APAC can contribute to the growth of it. Our next call is schedule next week same time as today. Hopefully you or @DarkForestCapital or both can make it, though not friendly for the American timezones. :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to initiate this discussion further.

Hey guys. Phenomenal initiative here. Great to see this taking shape.

This is correct, so anyone who complete new joiner call will be able to access it through the shared calendar.

2 Likes

Apologies for missing the call today. It’s a bit tricky to keep track without meeting invite/calendar access. I’ll pick it up once I’ve been able to attend a new joiner call.

Hey I see @cavalier_Eth mentioned a new joiner call in APAC time zones?
I am scheduled to join the NZ 2200 on the 29th (this week 0300 is a no go)
Is the 29th the APAC time zone meet?
Just wondering If I’ve missed something as the only times I have in calendar or 0300 or 2200.
I can make 2200 work

Hi @lee0007 - we have been discussing on the APAC calls the possibility of having a new joiner call at an APAC friendly time - we need this to enable people to join the group, but at the moment as you correctly mention the new joiner call is not not APAC timezone friendly (chicken & egg!) so it is a top priority for us to address this! @afromac @Pepperoni_Joe - sharing for visibility - will take the discussion into Discord

#:night_with_stars:apac IC Discord: Index Coop

3 Likes

@verto0912 yes please! It would be awesome to get yourself and/or DFC on the APAC call

3 Likes

Here’s my Weekly Update of the recent APAC call.

To start with!!! This most we had so far with 12 people joining the call… with most from Australia!!
Huge Shotout to the land down under!! :smiley: :star_struck: :partying_face:

Also h/t for @oneski22 for joining the call amid its surely late there~

In attendance;
@Cavalier_Eth (AUS)
Apollo (AUS)
@bradwmorris (AUS)
Clayming Space (AUS)
@Stefan (AUS)
@Lanks (SG)
@qomarcrypto (MY)
James Equity (IND)
@Elmit (TW)
@Tudou (CN)
@emil_eth (PH)

@oneski22 (US)

Here’s the access to the slides and minute meetings for reference.

Also as part of an ongoing effort, here’s the groundwork sheet for APAC region; if you require editor access; feel free to request with your discord name.

To note, a lot of exciting things going on. You guys can check out the rare minutes above. :sweat_smile: :yum:

Any further updates on APAC can be found at
#:night_with_stars:APAC IC Discord: Index Coop

We do hope as the week goes by, we keep on seeing more and more APAC Coop members joining. Also if there’s any feedback do reach out.

Now to end my post with a quote

Ask yourself this question: ‘Will this matter a year from now?’
Richard Carlson, American psychotherapist.

For me… the answer is a resounding YES!! :+1:

Till next time, blessed week ahead!!
Cheers~

4 Likes

Really enjoyed this. Great to meet everyone.

3 Likes

Weekly Update #5

Here’s today attendance a total of 8 people;
@Lanks (SG), @Cavalier_Eth (AUS), @Apollo (AUS), @bradwmorris (AUS), @Elmit (TW), @layseng8994 (SG), @Kiba (KR) and myself @qomarcrypto (MY).

Absent with apologies;
James Equity aka Bryan’s Cousin (IND)

Please find the following slides* & meeting recap for reference. Both are relatively the same just the format of presentation is different.

Basically one of the main priority (highlighted by @Lanks) is to finalise this groundwork sheet so that we could began focus & strategising the way forward for APAC.

For the sheet, should you require EDIT access, please do DM me on discord (pujimak_in) or buzz in the APAC IC discord.

#:night_with_stars:APAC IC Discord: Index Coop

Here’s a quote to end my post.

"Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.”
― Angela Duckworth

That’s all for today’s APAC update.
Cheers~

1 Like

Bi-Weekly Update : 17 August 2021

14 in attendance; Meeting chaired by @qomarcrypto
Absent with apologies; @Lanks

Please find the following slides*, prepared by Lanks. For the top level ideas;

But here’s the highlights for todays quick & efficient meeting.

1. @Tudou shared progress on last week onboarding call for the Greater China and challenges moving forward. Furthermore, this Thursday; Tudou will be having a discussion with Huobi on what possible partnership we can work on. “The china team is totally killing this~ kudos to them!!!”
  1. @bradwmorris, community onboarding is about to be roll out, and discussion on how APAC should move forward. Especially with cross function working groups etc.

2. @Cavalier_Eth, CTA to assist in Hiring - Head of Smart Contracts. Also informed that working on preparing a guide for tax filling & how too. “Lets get the referral bounty to APAC… hehehe”

3. @Kiba, shoutout to him and the DATA team (based in Korea). Currently in DG2, CTA to vote on the product here. If you want a proper context on the DATA Index, here.

Moving forward, I’ll be speaking to those in APAC plus few from the Leadership team to strategise and formulate a proper framework on how we should move forward. But preliminary it can be divided into 3 main vertices;

• Community & Capacity Building
  • Business Development
  • Content Production

From this 3, it will then focus to 3 specific geographical regions;

• Greater China
  • South East Asia (Singapore)
  • Oceanic (Australia)

Also as the APAC Community Manager, together with @bradwmorris, please do reach out to us should you have any suggestion and feedback. Or if I may have missed you. Apologies. But looking forward to bring the APAC region forward and becoming the eastern lighthouse for The Index Cooperative. :sunrise:

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
― Confucius

That’s all for today’s APAC update, see you in 2 weeks.
Signing off.

Cheers~

7 Likes

Totally agree with the need for more APAC friendly calls. One of the first things I noticed was that most of the community calls were out of my timezone.

Localization of product and marketing would give Index Coop a nice edge over competitors.

I’ve got a solid list of APAC based VC’s we could use.

Getting Index Coop products listed on recognized APAC exchanges is a no brainer. I’m based in Hong Kong and would be keen to try get Index Coop products on FTX .

3 Likes

Anyways welcome sir!!!

This is Awesome!! @alemac852
Looking forward to you join our biweekly call.

Anyways will hit you up on discord, sir. Cheers~

2 Likes

I am sure we will get more meetings in APAC zones. After all we are a global DAO.

2 Likes

Apologies for the late update;

Bi-Weekly Update : 31 August 2021

We had quite a number of people whom joined. Even a rep from LD Capital joined out APAC call. That was something.

Anyways you can find the recording of the call + transcript here;

And here’s a few action items for APAC team.

1. Compling news/wins & things that our region has done to move forward the COOP and post it as a APAC Update in the forum. (Target sometime next week)

2. As INDEX2.0 is kicking off… for those APAC please stay alert for screening session following a workshop and we’ll do a discussion and feedback to the main pool.

3. Myself & a few others have started on a Private Notion board as means to compile strategies for a possible WG proposal come Q4. (Aiming for Early October)

Anyways here’s the above was a summary of what I wrote on discord here.

Personally I feel theres finally a lot of tractions coming along APAC, and glad to see more Owls from this region playing a vital role in shaping this DAO.

Do join in the conversation on Discord and we’ll see you there!!!

Cheers~

cc: @mel.eth as per request. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Bi-Weekly Update : 14 September 2021

Attendance : 11

Please find the below resources from the call earlier today.

Slide Deck (pdf):

Notion board (its public for viewing, for edit access let me know);

Video recording:

Transcript:

Kudos to the following individuals; @Tudou , @bradwmorris & @lee0007.

Cheers~

3 Likes