sCoop Weekly - 2021.12.10

Welcome to the sCoop Weekly where you’ll get a rundown of the week that was and where the Owls are flying next. Be sure to follow daily and weekly Index Coop contributor news on Twitter: @HowWeDAO

Index Council

The newly elected Index Council has been busy tackling high-level strategy. This group of 7 Owls has been dismantling the blockers and taking on taking on tough challenges to move Index Coop forward. More info about Index Council & their mandate

Eth2x-FLI-Polygon

The Index Coop is excited to announce the launch of the first Polygon-native Flexible Leverage Index (FLI) — ETH2x-FLI-P! Check out the full blog post. And if you’re haven’t gone L2 yet and are US-based, download the Dharma app to easily connect to your bank account buy Polygon (Matic). With this link, you’ll get $50 of ETH with a first-time $500 buy.

Animal Spirits Podcast

Index Coop’s co-lead of the Institutional Business WG, Mike Taormina recently chatted with the popular, Animal Spirits podcast. Along with highlighting the benefit of crypto index products, @Metfanmike talked about #DAOLife at Index Coop.

Spotify - Apple Podcasts - Overcast

What’s new and in which direction are we heading over the upcoming weeks?

Moving to Nests/Pods

For some Working Groups, this move is a brand new adventure. For others, it’s more like bringing the old band back together and getting back in sync. The shift from working groups to Nests/Pods is underway and we’re all here to make it a smooth transition. So if it’s facilitating or getting an outside opinion on the structure, @Pepperoni_Joe and People Nest are provide support. If you need an assist with consensus mechanism or ensuring voices are being heard on decision making, @mel.eth and the GovOps is here for you. We’re all in it together.

Community Ownership Fix → Fixed Salary Hiring → Owl Levels → Flexible Compesation

An enormous amount of work has gone into the formulation and revision of the Community Ownership & Compensation framework and it’s almost ready to go to IIP. This is a significant step along the path with Fixed Salary Hiring, Owl Levels, and Flexible Compensation following in the near future.

There’s no shortage of events in crypto and Index Coop plans to have some meetups in 2022, COVID-willing. Keep your eye out for ones near you and give @MrMadila a shout to add to our calendar.

ETH Denver - Denver, Colorado: February 11-20, Application

A number Nests and Pods are actively seeking contributors to help Index Coop grow and deliver results that moves our DAO forward. Here are a few and the people to reach out to:

Business Development (@funkmasterflex) - DAO Treasury Diversification, University Blockchain Club Relations
Governance (@lavi) - Assist with IIP creation, voting and metagovernance
Women + NB in Index (@chasechapman @jujube) - Contribute to ideation and execution of events including workshops, Twitter Spaces and conferences

Something to share with your non-crypto family and friends to assure them you’re not working in MLM or part of a Ponzi scheme.

A Normie’s Guide to Becoming a Crypto Person - NY Magazine

@kindeagle
6 Likes

Love it @kindeagle , another epic installation.

Have we locked in The Index Council? Or are we still using ‘The Wise Owls’?

1 Like

Is a weekly roll-up new? If so, I love it. I miss days but will always read a weekly recap to make sure I got important things.

1 Like

The first of many more to come @StepvhenH :wink:

You’ll have to check with them, but…
i-think-so-butters-stotch

The way I heard it, there is an Index Council, populated by Wise Owls. :owl: