Upcoming initiatives in Community Management (+extras)

Thanks Joe.

I’m not suggesting anything specific to this post. I understand that you wanted to provide an update. Personally, I think most of the topics could’ve been presented in the weekly meeting as it seems like you/others are already executing on a lot of them.

Okay, let me see if I can better phrase my concerns.

This seems a bit misleading to me. There are a lot of new people joining the community on Discord, right? And we are trying to actively onboard everyone into the community with the end goal being that they effectively contribute to what we are doing. Am I getting something wrong?

And if, say, we onboard 30-40 people into the community within 1-2 months does it make Index Coop as a whole more or less efficient? Just thinking from a perspective of a start up, you wouldn’t hire 40 people unless there’s a business need for it, unless you were ready to do so. Going through that effort would take time and focus away from other areas of the business. And, if the business isn’t ready, you’d have to come up with tasks for everyone.

What I’d love your thoughts on is this - is there a difference between a community member and a contributor? Should all community members be contributors? Is there a limit on how many contributors the Coop can accommodate before reaching the point of diminishing returns? What are the costs of reaching a point of diminishing returns in terms of business efficiency and performance?

I by no means have the answers to these questions. But I do feel that they need to be considered.