Humans are incredibly visual. Powerful moving images can tell a story and help us find meaning and contextualise the world around us.
As mentioned on the ICWP, I think there is a real opportunity to drive the growth of Index Cooperative through the use of video content. This will support any wider marketing and awareness building campaigns.
I will use this thread to provide a single place for discussion, updates etc.
1. Core aims
- Increase market awareness of Index Cooperative
- Increase customer demand for our index products
2. Two video options
I typically use two main types of video content with clients.
#1 Attention Grabbing (short)
These videos are design to be short, sharp and punchy - capturing views attention and making them want to find out more.
#2 Informative (long)
These videos are slower in pace designed to increase awareness and understanding of a product, explaining the key selling points and emphasising the “so what” to viewers. I like to use both animated characters, and live recordings of team members - i.e. Greg articulating his vision for Index Cooperative directly to viewers. Informative videos will have voice overs.
A informative script for Index Cooperative might looking something like:
1. Problem statement
2. What is Index Cooperative
3. What is DPI - why would you buy it?
4. What is CGI - why would you buy it?
5. What is FLI - why would you buy it?
6. What is MVI - why would you buy it?
7. Vision for Index Cooperative
8. How to find out more
3. Go / No go
Your steer is vital in ensuring I know where to focus my energy. As such, can you indicate which of the types of videos (if any) would be valuable for me to develop.
- Neither video would be valuable
- “Attention grabbing (short)” would be valuable
- “Informative (long)” would be valuable
- “Attention grabbing & informative” would be valuable
Naturally, I will be shouldering much of weight for delivering this. However, the input and support from the community will be critical. I have outlined some of the key stakeholder below. I will update this list iteratively.
I will also likely require input from:
- Marketing (to explore channels for delivery etc)
- Growth (around use of twitter and engagement tracking)
Apologies for anyone missing - still trying to get my head around names.
- I am reluctant to start any design work until the branding guidelines have been finalised. @codemathics your support here would be much appreciated.
6. Next steps
Once I have a go / no-go for each videos (ideally by Friday) the typically product schedule for will run something like:
- Script draft (doc) - Joe
- Script review and feedback (doc) - all
- Video first draft (video) - Joe
- Video review and feedback (video) - all
- Voiceover overlay (video) - Joe / Nakamomo
- Final review / share with ICWG
- Decision deliver channels (i.e. all members share short video on twitter)
Keen the hear the communities thoughts on this - and very happy to discuss any of the above directly.